
-Really fun filled visit to the Renaissance Fair in Mesa, Arizona last weekend with Chris, my best friend since 4th grade. I've been trying to get her to come visit for several years and I believe the RF ended up being the enticement that she could not resist. The original plan had been to rent costumes when we got to the fairgrounds, however the required deposit on each costume was $350 and apparently the Discover Card was not around 500 years ago so that was a no-go. I told her if she comes again next year, I will make us costumes.
The fair is populated with actors who randomly engage the crowd in various activities. Chris was a MAGNET for these people. Among other things, we ended up as "minions" of Lord Victor who was trying to unseat the Lord Mayor through some sort of complex political intrigue that may or may not have involved broccoli. Secret messages were delivered, skulking was required. And by "we", I mean Chris, because no one was interested in me. I was totally along for the ride. I decided that next year Chris will be Lady Christina and I shall be Patsy, Lady Christina's faithful servant. (10 points to those of you who get the reference.) All in all it was a very successful day.
-Atinafu had his first "gymnastics" class yesterday. Parents of veteran attendees followed their little ones around the circuits cheering budding young gymnasts. Those of us with newbies participated in an exercise similar to herding cats.
-Johnathan picked up from Theodore of the 'Munks, that saying you had a nightmare greatly increases your chances of getting to sleep in the big bed. Unfortunately for him, he had not yet calculated the proper amount of time that one needs to stay in bed before the concept of having had a nightmare becomes plausible. Pitching a nightmare to mommy after 1 minute and 27 seconds for some perplexing reason does not produce the desired reaction. Tonight I asked with great interest for him to tell me about the nightmare. He was completely non-plussed for about 30 seconds and then launched into quite a creative little story that was very entertaining and not the least bit scary. End result? A kiss on the head and a gentle nudge back to his bedroom. I'm curious as to how he will adjust the strategy tomorrow night.
Hi Morgen! Here is Eliana! Just loved your new blog and excited for the next post. Just a way to keep in touch and know what is happening with this adorable family of three.
ReplyDeleteReading your post I just remembered last year when we went with your Mother.
Wish you luck in the new blog and keep writing!!!
Eliana.