Announcing the “Exciting, Ultra-Glamorous, Not-To-Be-Missed 2012 Underwear Drive for AHOPE!!!”
Some of you already know this, but I'm really excited to say that I will be traveling to Ethiopia in early May to participate in some development work. Part of my travel goal is to use a lot of my luggage allowance to carry over 400-600 pair of new underwear for the kids residing in the AHOPE children’s homes. AHOPE is an amazing organization providing care for children who have been orphaned, with a particular emphasis on caring for children who are HIV+, either in the AHOPE children’s homes or through outreach programs. I could go on and on all day about AHOPE and the work that they do but in the interest of time, I'll just cut to the chase.
AHOPE relies on donations in order to do their work. $$$ donations but also donations of various physical supplies, much of which gets carried over in people’s luggage. Example? Let’s see… oh yeah, underwear! Thus the previously mentioned EUGNTBM Underwear Drive of 2012. My goal is a little rough in terms of numbers because I won’t really know how much unmentionables weigh until they start piling up but I'm hoping that I will be able to present a freakin' huge number of pairs of underwear.
So there you have it; an opportunity of a lifetime to contribute to the universal human need to cover you butt. There is need for a range of sizes for children from toddler to young adults. I've asked a lot of questions, done some calculations and created my underwear spreadsheets. (Anyone who knows me, knows that much of my life involves a spreadsheet. And anyone who wishes to chuckle at my % of goal achieved calculation - feel free.) The list below represents the sizes and number of pairs of undies that are left to collect. I'll update the numbers as the undies start piling up. It looks like a lot, but undies come in multi packs so it's not a ominous as it seems. Sensible styles probably best. I.e. briefs, boxer briefs, etc. Quality that will hold up in the long term preferred. And please, no previously worn underwear, even if they are in the best condition.
If anyone wants to contribute, please send me a message. As I said, AHOPE is an amazing organization and any help with this project would be much appreciated.
Boys
Goal by Size
Boys XS-- 24
Boys S-- 38
Boys M-- 38
Boys L-- 38
Boys XL-- 64
Mens S-- 63
Mens M-- 43
Total-- 308
Original Goal 380
Percentage of Goal Achieved 17%
Girls
Goal by Size
Girls 4 -- 30
Girls 6 -- 30
Girls 8 -- 10
Girls 10-- 40
Girls 12-- 40
Girls 14-- 60
Womens Small-- 50
Womens Medium-- 50
Total -- 180
Original Goal 200
Percentage of Goal Achieved 10%
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment