When I was seven months pregnant, I had a chocolate craving one night and the only thing chocolate in the house was this weird pancake mix. (It's important to this story to know that I don't cook... seriously don't cook.) So I follow the instructions, mix up the batter and put a pancake in the pan and am standing there watching it when all of a sudden, it occurred to me that I didn't know how you tell when to flip the pancake. Onset of panic attack. I mean, I didn't know when to flip the flippin' pancake for Pete's sake, so how was I going to feed a child for 18 years?!?! I told my husband that I couldn't do this, that I'd changed my mind and we should get another cat instead. He's looking at me like "what is your problem" and I just kept repeating "the pancake, the pancake". Took me about 3 days to get over the pancake trauma. The ironic part is that pancakes are now the only thing my 4 year old will eat so I make pancakes every morning and some mornings I still get the shivers when it comes to flipping.
ETA: I wrote this post on another forum a while back and was thinking about it tonight. I guess the thing that I've learned over the past 4.5 years is that as a mom, you can not know something and still find a way to make it all work. I STILL can't tell when to flip the pancake and have many, many, many burned pancakes to show for it, but my little boy is healthy, happy, and totally fine despite my many shortcoming.
AND.... Krusteaz now makes pre-made microwavable pancake. One minute, 55 seconds and you are all set. No flipping required.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment